A madrich (masculine) or madrichah (feminine) is the Hebrew word for “guide” or “instructor.” Our madrichim do exactly that – guide – each and every Sunday. They guide and instruct our Religious School students in cooperation with our Religious School Teachers to give our students the best experience possible. Madrichim do so much in our school. They help students who need extra help, they challenge students who are ready to move ahead, they help our teachers convey their lessons, and they model – derech eretz – appropriate and laudable behavior. Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the lives of the next generation of the Jewish people.
Here are a few notable facts and requirements for our madrichim
1. Madrichim must have had their Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
2. Madrichim must be enrolled at Temple Emanuel through 10th grade.
3. A madrich/ah must wear the issued tee shirt (issued at no charge) every Sunday.
4. Madrichim must attend a mandatory in-service in August.
5. Madrichim assignments are made depending on a number of factors including your skills, teacher needs, and seniority.
6. Madrichim must be able to sign in at Temple Emanuel by 8:45 a.m. (early session) and 10:15 a.m. (late session).
Contact Rabbi Jason for more information.
To apply to become a madrich for the 2017-2018 school year, please click here.