Temple Emanuel of Tempe is a vibrant Jewish community sustained by life-long relationships, excellent educational opportunities, and spirited fellowship. Since our founding in 1976, Temple Emanuel of Tempe has been a Reform congregation that honors tradition. We are an oasis for all who embrace … more
Discovering JudaismPhil Wallace, 480-838-1414| firstname.lastname@example.org
The Study of Judaism: An eye-opening, wide-ranging, and thoughtful adventure.
About the Discovering Judaism Class:
Discovering Judaism presents an overview of Judaism as well as the faith and civilization of the Jewish People for the adult learner. Judaism is both ancient and modern, a meshing of ideas and actions. Using both sacred and secondary sources, you will be exposed to the breadth of Jewish thought, knowledge, and wisdom.
Who can attend?
- Those of all backgrounds and beliefs who want to learn more about Judaism for general knowledge
- People engaged or married to Jews and wishing to learn more about Jewish culture
- People considering conversion to Judaism
- Jews looking to amplify their knowledge of Judaism.
When do classes meet?
Sunday afternoons, August through January from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
Is there a fee?
Yes, the class fee varies depending on membership in Temple Emanuel . See Registration Form for more detailed information. Payment plans are available . There are also required books that need to be purchased (although you can borrow some from our library as available). Once enrolled, you will receive the book list.
What will I learn?
- Graduates will acquire a foundational, working knowledge of Judaism focusing on the core areas of life cycle, calendar, holidays, Torah, Israel, practice, values and Jewish history
- Graduates will become familiar with Jewish culture
- Graduates will be aware of and able to participate in Jewish home practices
- Graduates will feel comfortable praying and participating at Temple Emanuel and other synagogues
- Graduates will be equipped to decide whether they wish to convert to Judaism
How do I enroll?
If you have any questions, you can call Phil Wallace, Administrative Assistant, at 480.838.1414 x10 or email her at: [email protected]. Please note: Because this is a cumulative course, late registration will be limited.
- There were no results found.