Temple Emanuel of Tempe is a vibrant Jewish community sustained by life-long relationships, excellent educational opportunities, and spirited fellowship. Since our founding in 1976, Temple Emanuel of Tempe has been a Reform congregation that honors tradition. We are an oasis for all who embrace … more
Discovering JudaismEve Goodman, 480-838-1414| firstname.lastname@example.org
The Study of Judaism: An eye-opening, wide-ranging, and thoughtful adventure.
About the Discovering Judaism Class:
This is a ten-month class for adults that presents an overview of Judaism as well as the faith and civilization of the Jewish People. Judaism is both ancient and modern, a meshing of ideas and actions. Using both sacred and secondary sources, you will be exposed to the breadth of Jewish thought, knowledge, and wisdom.
Who can attend?
- Non-Jews who want to learn more about Judaism for general knowledge
- Non-Jews engaged or married to Jews and wishing to learn more about Jewish culture
- Non-Jews considering conversion to Judaism
- Jews looking to amplify their knowledge of Judaism.
When do classes meet?
Sunday afternoons, August through May from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
Is there a fee?
Yes, the class fee varies depending on membership and affiliation. See Registration Form for more detailed information. Payment plans are available for the class fee. There are also required books that need to be purchased (although you can borrow some from our library if available). Once enrolled, you will receive the book list.
What will I learn?
- Graduates will acquire a foundational, working knowledge of Judaism focusing on the core areas of life cycle, calendar, holidays, Torah, Israel, practice, values and Jewish history
- Graduates will become familiar with Jewish culture
- Graduates will be aware of and able to participate in Jewish home practices
- Graduates will feel comfortable at Temple Emanuel and know the Rabbis personally
- Graduates will have the necessary knowledge to decide whether they wish to convert
How do I enroll?
If you have any questions, you can call Eve Goodman, Administrative Assistant, at 480.838.1414 x19 or email her at: [email protected]. Please note: Because this is a cumulative course, late registration will be limited.
- There were no results found.