We sincerely appreciate the thoughtuflness of those who support Temple Emanuel in so many ways, including by remembering and honoring their loved ones and friends through generous contributions. Thank you for donating to Temple Emanuel.
Temple Emanuel has set up a number of funds for people for donations. Restricted Funds are spent for designated purposes, as outlined below. In addition, there are four discretionary funds, Rabbi Shapiro's Discretionary Fund, Rabbi Bonder's Discretionary Fund, President's Discretionary Fund, and Executive Director's Discretionary Fund,which are set up for the designated person to spend for the good of our community. A third type of fund is Endowment Funds. These funds are very specific and contributions to these are added to the principal amount of the fund, with the Temple using interest accrued for the specific needs established in the endowment.
- General Fund – Supports Temple operations
- Ann B. Ritt Art Endowment Fund – Support arts-related programming at Temple Emanuel of Tempe.
- Atid (Future) Endowment Fund – Provide Temple congregants the opportunity to participate in Jewish worship, study and Temple community.
- Flom Chesid Fund – Assist members in need.
- Flom Scholarship Fund – Provide 8th-11th graders one-time financial assistance to participate in a Jewish camp, participate in a Jewish studies program at high school or university, to visit Israel or to attend a Jewish sponsored conference or seminar.
- Robert S. Greenwood Camp Scholarship Fund – Provide financial need-based scholarships for children to attend Camp Stein.
- Rose Sperling Children’s Fund – Provide financial support to children’s programs, excluding the Yad B'Yad Preschool.
- Rabbi Shapiro's Discretionary Fund
- Rabbi Bonder's Discretionary Fund
- Executive Director’s Discretionary Fund
- President’s Discretionary Fund
- Adult Education Fund – Support educational programs with assistance for speakers, materials, and refreshments for adult education opportunities at the Temple.
- Building Fund – Provide additional support toward the building.
- Caring Community Fund – Support members during challenging times.
- Dan Gordon Camp Scholarship Fund – Contributions directly help our kids with additional funding to help them get to camp each summer (Camps include Camp Stein and Camp Newman, but are not limited to those camps).
- Jeanne and Lester Kahn Preschool Scholarship Fund – Donations provide supplemental support to the preschool for those who have financial challenges.
- Library Fund – Additional resources to help maintain and update the library including books, equipment and reference materials.
- Music Fund – Provide additional resources to help update music supplies.
- Oneg Fund – Donations to support Temple sponsored noshs and oneg Shabbats; including keeping fresh linens, purchasing food and ensuring supplies are on hand.
- Outreach Fund – Funding to provide resources to help promote the Temple to interfaith families and unaffiliated persons to educate about our Temple, its programs and services as a way of engaging and seeking members.
- Prayer Book Fund – Contributions to help purchase new prayer books when needed.
- Professional Staff Growth Fund – Adding to Temple resources to ensure that as the congregation grows, funding is available to help grow the professional staff.
- Religious School Fund – Donations to provide additional support for Religious School programming.
- Ruach Esha Women’s Fund – This fund contributes to womens’ seders or Shabb-Tones.
- Scholar in Residence Fund – This fund is used to help bring in outside professionals and scholars to provide expertise, education and information to our Temple community.
- Syndi Scheck Memorial Preschool Fund – Contributions are additional funds that are used by the Preschool to help with any additional or extra items as needed to support the growth and education received by Temple preschoolers.
- TETY Fund – Provides additional support to Temple youth programming for the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and high school students involved in the youth program.
- Torah Fund – Donations to ensure that if needed, any of our three torahs can be repaired. Also, may be used at a future time to purchase new torahs as decided by the Ritual Committee.
- Yom Hashoah Fund – Funds to purchase candles and any other items for Yom Hashoah each year.