Temple Emanuel of Tempe is a vibrant Jewish community sustained by life-long relationships, excellent educational opportunities, and spirited fellowship. Since our founding in 1976, Temple Emanuel of Tempe has been a Reform congregation that honors tradition. We are an oasis for all who embrace … more
- This event has passed.
Hear the Shofar #1 & Havdalah at South Mountain
September 12 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Hear the Shofar & Havdalah
THIS EVENT IS COMPLETELY FULL. IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER YOU MAY NOT ATTEND. We encourage you to attend the second event at Founders Park!
A Socially-Distanced, Outdoor Event
This year, we want to gather – to see each other in person – and to feel the enormity of the season. Let’s head to the wilderness to celebrate Havdalah and to hear the Sound of the Shofar calling us together.
Wear your mask and observe social-distancing by staying at least 6 ft apart from other families. You can stay in your car, stand in the parking lot, or hike up the mountain.
The Torah will also be on display.
Let’s be together, safely, as we mark these sacred soulful times in beautiful surroundings.
Things to note:
- All guests must be masked. Those without face coverings will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between family units must be maintained.
- No food or drink will be provided at this event.
- Dress appropriately for the hot weather and gravel landscape.
- Please do not bring your personal shofar to the event as you will not be permitted to blow into it.
We will be meeting at the Pima Canyon Trailhead 4500 E Pima Canyon Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Parking is available all along Pima Canyon Rd.