Temple Emanuel of Tempe is a vibrant Jewish community sustained by life-long relationships, excellent educational opportunities, and spirited fellowship. Since our founding in 1976, Temple Emanuel of Tempe has been a Reform congregation that honors tradition. We are an oasis for all who embrace … more
- This event has passed.
April 29 @ 6:30 pm
One year ago, we wrote to you to say that our Annual Gathering was moving online. For the first time in nearly 40 years, Temple Emanuel congregants gathered to look at a year-in-review, not in-person in our sanctuary, but over Zoom. Little did we know this virtual model was about to become our new way of life.
What an unexpected year this has been. Together, we have come through a time of extraordinary change and challenge for our own community, and for the nation and world. While we are not yet fully back on the site of our wonderful temple, we have weathered the storm and brighter days are ahead. We have learned so much this year. We developed new skills that allowed us to retain our connection to one another, albeit virtually. Our clergy, staff, board and committees all worked tirelessly to provide the best opportunities for worship, congregant outreach and support, special events, and community building.
We know the past year has affected each of us differently. But we are grateful for our community and that you have remained a part of it.
Please join us on Thursday, April 29th at 6:30 pm over Zoom for our 2021 Annual Gathering.
Meeting ID: 941 6052 4194 |Passcode: Shalom
This gathering provides an opportunity for us all to come together as a community, share what is on our minds, listen to one another, and take part in the governance of our temple.
Please come prepared to engage, listen and share, while we:
- Attend breakout sessions for small-group discussions, laugh, connect and reflect.
- Approve the membership slate for the Board Slate 2021-2022, and recognize those board members whose terms of service are ending.
- Recognize staff who are leaving their positions at year’s end.
- Review and approve of the FY22 PROPOSED BUDGET
- Remember those who have passed away since the High Holy Days.
- Recognize those who became Bar/Bat Mitzvah this year and those who were confirmed.
- Review temple finances, 2021-2022 Membership and Religious School Rates and Fees and approve the 2021-2022 Operating Budget.
- Watch a beautiful Year-in-Review video highlighting all the new initiatives we brought to our community this year, including but not limited to our Emanuel E-Maccabiah games, our Racial Justice Study Group, Be-the-Light Crystal Campaign, “Bageling”, and so on!
- Celebrate the work of the volunteers and community partners who help make Temple Emanuel a caring, dynamic, and welcoming community as we present our Annual Awards.
- Update you on the progress being made with our Rabbi and Religious School Director search committees.
- Share exciting plans about what’s in store for 2021-2022, and share ways you can get involved!
- Temple Emanuel is our congregation, and we welcome your active participation to ensure its future, especially during these difficult times.
We look forward to greeting you on-screen or by telephone attendance, and talking with you during the meeting.
Jennifer LeGrand Rabbi Dean Shapiro Rebecca Weinstein
President, Board of Trustees Managing Director