The Union for Reform Judaism is proud to introduce fun and engaging Jewish experiences to school-aged families.
Beginning in December, the URJ will offer a full schedule of weekday online activities hosted on its RJ on the Go platform – including Minecraft tutorials, visual and paper arts projects, game nights, a 3D design course, and more. All sessions are designed for students in grades 3-8 and will be led by expert staff from across the URJ’s robust camping system.
THE 411 ON RJ ON THE GO
Special activities being offered this winter are free and open to all students in grades 3-8. Program options include:
- Everything Minecraft: Enjoy tutorials, structured play, and build time, with beginner, intermediate and advanced options available.
- Visual Arts: Join in hands-on creation together while learning about great artists like Albert Hirschfeld, Peter Max, Louise Bourgeois, and more.
- Graphic Design & 3D Print program: Participants will create their own original designs that our URJ 6 Points Sci-Tech Academy staff will laser-cut or 3D print and ship to them.
- Game Night: Small, facilitated groups will engage in popular, interactive online games like Apples to Apples, Herd Mentality, Crazy Eights, Uno, Yahtzee, Snake Oil, and Fictionary.
- Paper Arts: More hands-on creation… using only paper! We’ll learn how to make paper lanterns, origami animals, luminaries, and more.
- Performing Arts Workshops: Immerse yourself in Improv 101 with Eliana Rubin, graduate of the NYU Tisch School of the Arts.
As an added bonus, you’ll find a series of parenting sessions throughout January, focusing on topics like video games and violence, sports parenting, and supporting our children’s creative sides (even if we aren’t always as creative as they are!).