An Announcement from Jewish Free Loan:
Jewish Free Loan is there for us in times of need – like these.
During this time of uncertainty, Jewish Free Loan wants to remind you that we are here to help our community. We have many interest-free loan programs in place to assist with financial support, including the Community-Wide Emergency Relief Loan Program. This program enables JFL to respond as quickly as possible when the community is faced with man-made or natural events, which are beyond anyone’s control, and the need for financial assistance is time-sensitive. Through the Community-Wide Emergency Relief Loan Program, interest-free loans are available for, but not limited to, the following:
• Childcare Expenses
• Educational / Homeschool Costs
• Rent / Utility Payments
• Insurance Costs
• Medical Needs
In addition, our Jewish Community Services team is ready to assist. Here are a few examples of immediate services we can provide the Jewish community:
- Helping Hands Emergency Financial Assistance – monetary crisis assistance if someone is not able to meet basic needs.
- Career Services – career coaching and resume preparation for unemployed or under-employed
- Information and Referral – many folks are having to navigate unemployment, social security and other entitlement benefits for the first time. Our team can guide and assist through the process.
- Jewish counseling – services through a Jewish lens
To help ensure the safety of our staff while maintaining our ability to respond to community needs, we are modifying our office hours and staffing. Effective Monday, March 23rd, the JFL office will be open from 10 AM – 3PM Monday through Friday. The staff will be working in shifts to lower exposure. In addition, we are increasing our remote capabilities and will continuously monitor the situation and evaluate how we can best assist individuals and families during this time.