Submitted by Dina Bedak
So, how has YOUR summer been so far? Where did YOU go to get some “heat” relief?
As far as sisterhood goes, our new board has been working on the upcoming year like busy bees!
On Sunday, July 8th we got together for a few hours to get to know each other better and plan out a year full of fun activities. I would like to introduce you to the 2018-2109 sisterhood board of directors:
- Dina Bedak, President
- Barbara Raviol, Imediate past President
- Karen Kahn, Executive Vice President
- JeanYagobien, VP Religion & Education
- Adriane Keene, VP Administration
- Lori Selles, Co-VP Membership
- Tracy Goldman, Co-VP Membership
- Cher Diefenbacher, Treasurer
- Leah Livingston, Secretary
- Barb Kish, Director
- Dana Spiel, Director
- Chris Woods, Member at Large
- Oslynn Benjamin, Member at Large
Recently, a group of women participated in WRJ(Women of Reform Judaism) Area Day in Flagstaff and had a WONDERFUL time! Hopefully next year you will share the experience too…!
We are aware of the fact that not everything meets everyone’s likes, wants or needs. With that said, we hope you will find activities during the year that will be of interest to you, and you’ll join in on the fun!
Still not sure if you’d like to join sisterhood? I know a great way to “check” us out: Come to our meeting. We meet at temple on the first Tuesday of every month. You do not have to be on the Board of Directors to participate in these meetings.
Another way to find out about “what’s happening with Sisterhood” these days, is our Bulletin Board, opposite the restrooms in the far hallway (by the back door)
I would encourage you to come to our next meeting on Tuesday, August 7th at 6:30, either in the MPR or social hall. Aside from a little business, we will hear from our wonderful Cantorial Soloist, Suzanne!
Another fun event you won’t want to miss, is our annual BUNCO game on Sunday, August 19th 10:30-12:30. (No need to even KNOW what the game is about, just come have fun!)
Here is our upcoming calendar for the next two months, and we hope to see you at most if not all events!
- Tuesday, August 7th sisterhood meeting 6:30 at temple
- Sunday, August 12th tentative Mercury game 4pm
- Sunday, August 19th BUNCO 10:30-12:30 at temple
- Tuesday, September 4th sisterhood meeting 6:30 at temple
- Monday, September 24th, Lilith Salon 6:45 address will be provided with RSVP
- Saturday, September 29th Sips, Sukkot and Havdallah time TBD – together with programing
- Thursday, October 18th – 21st WRJ Convention in San Diego – Everyone is welcome to attend
With the new year just around the corner, it’s time to reflect on the past, and hope to improve for the future.
New beginnings come with the new year, and new friendships are in our future. I’d like to wish you all
Shana Tova Um’tuka, a sweet new year!
For those of you ready to take the “leap” and join sisterhood, here is the link: click here to join Sisterhood for the 2018-2019 year!