A freshly baked challah is a delicious part of Shabbat tradition. Temple Emanuel is again offering kosher challah made for us by Strictly from Scratch bakery in Phoenix. This year we have a new email address for ordering challah. We have a new payment option to create a Challah Account using a credit card. Deposit $18 or more in the account, and you can order challahs any week during the school year. Interested? See below for details about cost, ordering, delivery and more.
- Challahs cost $6.00 each. They can be ordered sliced or unsliced. Raisins can be added for no additional cost.
- Orders must be placed by the end of the day on Wednesday for delivery on Friday morning.
- Challahs can be ordered most weeks except during school vacations and office closures.
- Sign up for a weekly email reminder on Tuesday. You can order by responding to the email, or ignore the email if you do not want to place an order that week.
- Pick up at the front desk during office hours on Friday.
- Orders that are not picked up will be placed in the main kitchen for pick-up during services or religious school hours.
- Since the kitchen area is open to many people and not monitored, the temple cannot be responsible for challah that is left for late pickup.
- Cash should be placed in an envelope labeled with your name, the word ‘challah’ and the delivery date. Give the envelope to someone in the front office.
- Checks should have the word ‘challah’ and the delivery date written on the memo line. Mail or give the check to someone in the front office.
- Credit card payments can be made on-line by depositing $18 or more in a challah account. You can add to the account in transactions of $18 or more at any time. You can order challahs any time until the account is emptied. Please note that money cannot be refunded or transferred from this account. Any funds remaining at the end of the fiscal year will revert to the Temple’s General Fund.
- Challahs ordered through the preschool will be distributed by the preschool staff.
- Preschool families can make payment arrangements using their preschool accounts.
- Special orders need to be placed at least one week before the delivery date.
- A 3-pound challah is $25 and a 5-pound challah is $45.
Contact Kathy at: [email protected] for placing orders, requesting a weekly reminder email or questions.